Welcome to GameHourz.com!
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      ProfileProfile    Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in

Using X-BOX 360 Controller with MAME32

 
   Game Forums (Home) -> MAME Games RSS
Next:  Basic Weapon Question  
Author Message
Rune Andreassen

External


Since: May 16, 2005
Posts: 10



(Msg. 1) Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:57 pm
Post subject: Using X-BOX 360 Controller with MAME32
Archived from groups: alt>games>mame (more info?)

Greetings, MAMErs! I want to use my wired XBOX 360 controller with MAME32.
How can I emulate the keys with the controller just like the X-Arcade
controller? In other words, I want to use the 360-controller in-game, but
also in the GUI when choosing game etc. Can anybody help?

 >> Stay informed about: Using X-BOX 360 Controller with MAME32 
Back to top
Login to vote
Northern Deity

External


Since: Dec 08, 2005
Posts: 181



(Msg. 2) Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:48 am
Post subject: Re: Using X-BOX 360 Controller with MAME32 [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Rune Andreassen wrote: I did the dirty , it felt good!

> Greetings, MAMErs! I want to use my wired XBOX 360 controller with
> MAME32. How can I emulate the keys with the controller just like the
> X-Arcade controller? In other words, I want to use the 360-controller
> in-game, but also in the GUI when choosing game etc. Can anybody
> help?

Press TAB ingame, all the control configs are there.

 >> Stay informed about: Using X-BOX 360 Controller with MAME32 
Back to top
Login to vote
Rune Andreassen

External


Since: May 16, 2005
Posts: 10



(Msg. 3) Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:56 pm
Post subject: Re: Using X-BOX 360 Controller with MAME32 [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

I think you got it all wrong. I want to use my XBOX 360 Controller as an
X-Arcade controller, in other words: i want to be able to choose and execute
games within MAME32, also deposit coins, exit game and so on.

<Northern Deity> wrote in message

> Rune Andreassen wrote: I did the dirty , it felt good!
>
>> Greetings, MAMErs! I want to use my wired XBOX 360 controller with
>> MAME32. How can I emulate the keys with the controller just like the
>> X-Arcade controller? In other words, I want to use the 360-controller
>> in-game, but also in the GUI when choosing game etc. Can anybody
>> help?
>
> Press TAB ingame, all the control configs are there.
 >> Stay informed about: Using X-BOX 360 Controller with MAME32 
Back to top
Login to vote
Northern Deity

External


Since: Dec 08, 2005
Posts: 181



(Msg. 4) Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:56 pm
Post subject: Re: Using X-BOX 360 Controller with MAME32 [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Rune Andreassen wrote: I did the dirty , it felt good!

> I think you got it all wrong. I want to use my XBOX 360 Controller as
> an X-Arcade controller, in other words: i want to be able to choose
> and execute games within MAME32, also deposit coins, exit game and so
> on.
>
> <Northern Deity> wrote in message
>
> > Rune Andreassen wrote: I did the dirty , it felt good!
> >
> >> Greetings, MAMErs! I want to use my wired XBOX 360 controller with
> >> MAME32. How can I emulate the keys with the controller just like
> the >> X-Arcade controller? In other words, I want to use the
> 360-controller >> in-game, but also in the GUI when choosing game
> etc. Can anybody >> help?
> >
> > Press TAB ingame, all the control configs are there.

yes, TAB will allow you to set all those, mame32 has an option to
select game via pad in its interface, x-arcade etc are basically
glorified keyboards.
 >> Stay informed about: Using X-BOX 360 Controller with MAME32 
Back to top
Login to vote
Rune Andreassen

External


Since: May 16, 2005
Posts: 10



(Msg. 5) Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:57 pm
Post subject: Re: Using X-BOX 360 Controller with MAME32 [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

Eureka!

I din't know that (and I've been using MAME since the very beginning).
Thanks!

<Northern Deity> wrote in message

> Rune Andreassen wrote: I did the dirty , it felt good!
>
>> I think you got it all wrong. I want to use my XBOX 360 Controller as
>> an X-Arcade controller, in other words: i want to be able to choose
>> and execute games within MAME32, also deposit coins, exit game and so
>> on.
>>
>> <Northern Deity> wrote in message
>>
>> > Rune Andreassen wrote: I did the dirty , it felt good!
>> >
>> >> Greetings, MAMErs! I want to use my wired XBOX 360 controller with
>> >> MAME32. How can I emulate the keys with the controller just like
>> the >> X-Arcade controller? In other words, I want to use the
>> 360-controller >> in-game, but also in the GUI when choosing game
>> etc. Can anybody >> help?
>> >
>> > Press TAB ingame, all the control configs are there.
>
> yes, TAB will allow you to set all those, mame32 has an option to
> select game via pad in its interface, x-arcade etc are basically
> glorified keyboards.
 >> Stay informed about: Using X-BOX 360 Controller with MAME32 
Back to top
Login to vote
Display posts from previous:   
Related Topics:
Mame32 or Dos? - I've only used 32 because I'm not a computer genius, what are the differences between this and dos? what are the advantages/disadvantages of each? It seems a lot easier to me to just click on a title than enter from a dos prompt....

MAME32 .106 locks up - Just installed this version and have a problem with it locking up my machine. Seems like it takes way too long to load up the GUI, and when I audit the games, it won't save the audit status (need to do it again after closing it).Didn't have this problem....

MAME32 run through Mamewah? - I would like to do this and saw there was a an old post by someone(Cerian Knight) who accomplished it. Does anyone know how this is done? Cerian you there? Thx, Al

Looking for Frontend for MAME32 - I'm successfully running MAME32 in my JAMMA cabinet, but I still need to use my mouse to select the game (got credit buttons installed instead of coin mech and can move gamelist up and down using joystick, but can't figure out a way to get cabinet contro...

Mame32 self audit - When I use ClrMamePro to audit the Mame roms I can understand the output and do whatever fixes are required. But there appear to be no problems with the "Samples" However, using the Mame self audit, I get some 8 problems detected, but, becau...
   Game Forums (Home) -> MAME Games All times are: Ekaterinburg, Islamabad, Karachi, Tashkent
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



[ Contact us | Terms of Service/Privacy Policy ]